Apply For

Business Licenses

Every business operating in the city must obtain a business license from City Hall.

Building Permits

Get information regarding permits and inspections required in the City of South Gate for construction projects.

Certificate of Occupancy

A Certificate of Occupancy is a certificate issued by the City’s Building and Safety Division which authorizes the occupancy of a building for a specific business or purpose.

Employment Assistance

Employment Opportunities

Review job openings, fill out online applications, and submit your resume.

Film Permit

The City partners with Film L.A. to process film permit requests and applications.

Garage Sale Permit

You can apply for a permit at City Hall in the Business License Division.

Home Improvement Loan

The Home Improvement Program (HIP) offers a deferred loan to homeowners for necessary property repairs, upgrades, improvements and for all required city code upgrades.

Housing Assistance

The South Gate Housing Authority’s (SGHA) mission is to provide safe, decent and sanitary housing conditions for very low-income families and to manage resources efficiently.

Parking Permit

Get information from the Patrol Division responsible for Parking Enforcement.

Pre-Sale Report

Prior to entering into an agreement of sale for the exchange of any residential property, the owner shall obtain from the City a Pre-Sale Inspection Report showing the authorized construction, improvements, additions, use, occupancy and zoning classification of such property.

Refuse & Recycling Service

The city contracts with Waste Management to provide refuse and recycling services to South Gate residences.

Sign Permit

All signs require Planning Division approval prior to being placed on a building or construction site.

Water Service

To initiate service, complete the required application available at the Utility Bill Payments service counter at City Hall.