The Residential Resurfacing Project is a $11.7 million multifaceted infrastructure improvements program to improve residential streets and the municipal water system. The project improvements are necessary to enhance safety, pavement and sidewalk conditions as well as drinking water quality and water system reliability. The proposed improvements include pavement rehabilitation, sidewalk, curb, and gutter repairs, ADA curb ramp improvements and upgrading aging water mains and services laterals.
Street improvements will include the streets on Iowa Ave., Illinois Ave., Ohio Ave., Kansas Ave., Beaudine Ave., Glenwood Pl., Evergreen Ave., Independence Ave., Elizabeth Ave., Virginia Ave., Cherokee Ave., Missouri Ave., Indiana Ave., South Gate Ave., and Madison Ave. Water improvements will include the streets of Kansas Ave. and Cherokee Ave.
Construction is scheduled to begin March 20, 2023, and planned for completion in 11 months. The contractor will begin work on concrete repairs such as sidewalk, ADA ramps, curb and gutter.
Construction activities include heavy equipment, traffic control, lane closures, and will temporarily impact parking. Some construction activities will impact noise levels, such as during concrete removals. Construction activities will be scheduled to minimize impacts, where feasible. Construction signage will be placed with sufficient time to provided information needed to accommodate parking conditions.
The City contractor, Sequel Contractors, Inc., will be issuing a notice of construction with more information and contact information prior to start of construction activities.
PLEASE ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING SAFETY TIPS:
- Be patient and expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
- Slow down and watch for workers, heavy equipment, pedestrians and cyclists.
- Avoid mobile phone use when driving through the construction zone.
- Watch for lane closures, use alternate routes and follow detours.
- Do not climb or enter areas where crews are working or materials and equipment are stored.
- Remember, this is a short-term inconvenience for a long-term traffic solution.
Project Manager: Kenneth Tang, P.E. (firstname.lastname@example.org; 323-563-9574)