Plan Check Submittal Process
Temporary Outdoor Business Expansion PermitNo-Fee Temporary Use Permits (TUPs) to allow temporary outdoor business activities on site, sidewalks, City property, and/or parking lots until the LA County Department of Public Health releases guidelines consistent with California Stage 4 regulations. The TUP shall be subject to the Community Development Director’s approval under the State of California’s Covid-19 Emergency Order.
Please submit the following documents to the Planning Division at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Temporary Outdoor Expansion Permit Application
- Site plan including dimensions of proposed outdoor area and
- Certificate of insurance naming the City of South Gate as additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000
Please be aware that every business must comply with the guidelines established by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and any other regulating agencies.
A list can be found at https://cityofsouthgate.org/826/6751/Virtual-Business-Center.
Planning Department Review Process
- Call the Planning at (323) 563-9626 or email a description of your project to email@example.com to verify what you are planning to build meets the City’s residential development standards.
- You will be required to fill out either a Planning Review Form or an ADU/JADU Review Form, three (3) sets of architectural plans in addition to the other items listed on page 2 of the review form, and a check in the amount of $234 (residential) or $490 (commercial) made payable to the City of South Gate
- You may either submit plans in-person, mail or email. To submit in-person, you must come during the public counter hours from 7 a.m.- 11:30 a.m. Monday - Thursday (City Hall is closed Fridays), or by appointment. To schedule an appointment, please contact Norma Hernandez at (323) 563-9565 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit by email please email your application package of all the required materials (in one email) to: email@example.com. We will then send you a link to pay online. A project planner will be assigned. The project planner will review the plans for compliance with the Zoning Code. It is taking approximately 10-15 business days to review.
- The project planner will either provide the applicant with corrections or authorize the plans for submittal to the Building Department for plan check. If corrections are required, the applicant will re-submit revised plans directly to the project planner.
- Once plans are approved by planning, the project planner will instruct the applicant to contact Building and Safety at (323) 563-9549 for Building and Safety Plan Check Review. If the project is over 800 sq. ft. or a new structure the applicant shall contact Public Works at (323) 357-5814 to determine plan submittal process.