Complete the 2020 Census Online, Over the Phone, or by Mail!
Click here to complete the Census online.
The 2020 Census is coming to the City of South Gate on April 1, 2020!
The City is committed to making sure all South Gate residents in every neighborhood and of every background have the assistance and encouragement they need to fill out their surveys. So much is depending on it: not just political representation, but billions of dollars in federal funding for programs residents here depend on for food, education, housing and health care. Bookmark this page to stay informed about the 2020 Census and what it means to South Gate residents.
Resources from the Federal Level
Resources from the State Level
- California Counts! Handout
- Identifying California`s Hard to Count Populations
- California Hard-to Count Interactive Map
Resources from County Level (Los Angeles)
Frequently Asked Questions (Census FAQ`s)
Key Dates for Upcoming 2020 Census
- March 12- 20, 2020- An invitation to respond online to the 2020 Census will be mailed to all residents.
- March 16- 24, 2020- A reminder letter, if you haven’t responded yet will be mailed to all residents.
- March 26- April 3, 2020- A reminder postcard will be mailed to all households.
- April 1, 2020- National Census Day!! Complete the Census by this day!
- April 8-16, 2020- A reminder letter and paper questionnaire will be mailed to all households.
- April 20-27, 2020- A final reminder postcard will be mailed before the US Census Bureau starts following up in person.
If you are interested in being a 2020 Census Volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.