The 2020 Census is coming to the City of South Gate on April 1, 2020!
When the 2020 Census rolls around next year, South Gate will be ready to be counted.
Thanks to our unprecedented partnership with the state, county and community-based organizations, we are committed to making sure all South Gate residents in every neighborhood and of every background have the assistance and encouragement they need to fill out their surveys.
So much is depending on it: not just political representation, but billions of dollars in federal funding for programs residents here depend on for food, education, housing and health care.
Bookmark this page to stay informed about the 2020 Census and what it means to South Gate residents.
Resources from the Federal Level
Resources from the State Level
- California Counts! Handout
- Identifying California`s Hard to Count Populations
- California Hard-to Count Interactive Map
Resources from County Level (Los Angeles)
- Coming Soon
Key Dates for Upcoming 2020 Census
- September, 2019- January, 2020- Engage and Educate local leaders, community members, and CBO`s.
- March 12-20, 2020- An invitation to respond online to the 2020 Census.
- March 16-24, 2020- A reminder letter. If you haven’t responded yet.
- March 26 – April 3, 2020 – A reminder postcard.
- April 8-16, 2020- A reminder letter and paper questionnaire.
- April 20-27, 2020- A final reminder postcard before we follow up in person.
If you are interested in being a 2020 Census Volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.