Facility Rental Procedure
The use of the Parks and Recreation Department facilities is for family or neighborhood related social functions. The facilities may not be used for business use or monetary gain that results from the exchange of money or events that conflict with City of South Gate programming. No advertisement, petitions, or solicitations are allowed. There are no alcoholic beverages permitted in any of the city’s facilities, and the latest you are allowed to be in the any facility is 11 p.m. All facilities require a 4 hour minimum rental, payment of a refundable damage deposit, payment for an event monitor (Event Monitor required if the event is a 15th or 16th birthday party, wedding reception, or if the event will be having 150 guests or more), and payment of the set up fee if the event requires it.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 2 weeks to a maximum of 6 months prior to the scheduled event.
- A Rental Contract / Permit must be signed and fees paid.
- All reservations must be made in person and are based on a 1st-come, 1st-serve basis. No reservations will be taken over the telephone, email, mail or fax.
Please bring the following to the Parks and Recreation Administration Office:
- Valid Driver's license or California ID
- Current utility bill (water, gas, electric, or landline) - Must be a hard copy if your driver’s license does not reflect your current address
- Minimum amount of the payment that is due (cash, check, credit card or money order)
Field Rentals for youth and adult baseball and soccer can be rented based upon availability.
Please bring the following to the South Gate Sports Center Front Desk:
- Valid Driver’s License or California ID
- Payment in full for field rental
- A rental application must be returned to the Sports Center one week prior to the event
- All rentals will be subjected to appropriate insurance (Please see the request and Insurance and Indemnification form for further information)
Sports Center Reservations
To reserve space in the city’s Sports Center or outdoor recreational areas, you must submit the attached application and insurance agreement when making the reservation.
- Sports Center Facility rental application
- Insurance and Indemnification Requirements