Plan Check Submittal Process
Temporary Outdoor Business Expansion PermitNo-Fee Temporary Use Permits (TUPs) to allow temporary outdoor business activities on site, sidewalks, City property, and/or parking lots until the LA County Department of Public Health releases guidelines consistent with California Stage 4 regulations. The TUP shall be subject to the Community Development Director’s approval under the State of California’s Covid-19 Emergency Order.
Please submit the following documents to the Planning Division at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Temporary Outdoor Expansion Permit Application
- Site plan including dimensions of proposed outdoor area and
- Certificate of insurance naming the City of South Gate as additional insured in the amount of $1,000,000
Please be aware that every business must comply with the guidelines established by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and any other regulating agencies.
A list can be found at https://cityofsouthgate.org/826/6751/Virtual-Business-Center.
Planning Department Review Process
- Call the Planning at (323) 563-9514 or (323) 563-9626 or email a description of your project to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to verify what you are planning to build meets the City’s residential development standards.
- You will be required to fill out either a Planning Review Form or an ADU/JADU Review Form, three (3) sets of architectural plans in addition to the other items listed on page 2 of the review form, and a check in the amount of $234 (residential) or $490 (commercial) made payable to the City of South Gate
- You may either submit plans in-person or by mail. To submit in-person, you must set up an appointment to submit plans by either emailing email@example.com or by calling (323) 563-9514. Appointments can be made in 30-minute time slots from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday – Thursday. No walk-ins allowed.To submit by mail please mail in your application package including the fee in for the form of A project planner will be assigned. The project planner will review the plans for compliance with the Zoning Code.
- The project planner will either provide the applicant with corrections or authorize the plans for submittal to the Building Department for plan check. If corrections are required, the applicant will re-submit revised plans directly to the project planner.
- Once plans are approved by planning, the project planner will instruct the applicant to contact Building and Safety at (323) 563-9568 for Building and Safety Plan Check Review. If the project is over 800 sq. ft. or a new structure the applicant shall contact Public Works at (323) 357-5814 to determine plan submittal process.
Please note that Planning Staff is away from their email and phone from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm. All messages will be responded to within 2-3 business days. Delays are expected during this time period. We apologize for this inconvenience.