Section 8 Forms & Handouts
The following is a list of different forms, flyers, brochures, booklets, and pamphlets available at the South Gate Housing Authority (SGHA):
- A Good Place to Live (PDF): Booklet helps persons to understand what the housing quality standards are and why they are important.
- Authorization for the Release of Information Form - HUD (PDF): Form along with the HUD Authorization for the Release of Information must be signed by all adult family members. This form is usually provided along with the Personal Declaration form or the Waiting List Update of Family Circumstances form.
- Declaration of Section 214 Status Form (PDF): Form is provided at the time of a waiting list appointment. Each family member must have one completed by the actual person unless the family member is a minor. If the family member is a minor, then the legal guardian completes the form. Form is also provided for a participant on the program who is adding someone to their case.
- Direct Deposit Slip (PDF): Bank of America direct deposit program for landlords to enroll in order to receive rental payment in the form of an electronic payment transfer into ones personal account.
- Fair Housing - Equal Opportunity for All (PDF): Booklet provides information on Fair Housing.
- Family Obligations (PDF): Form is provided to the family at the time of annual re-examination, briefing session, or when family is adding a family member.
- Fraud (PDF): Fraud is generally defined in the law as an intentional misrepresentation of material existing fact made by one person to another with knowledge of its falsity and for the purpose of inducing the other person to act, and upon which the other person relies with resulting injury or damage. Fraud may also be made by an omission or purposeful failure to state material facts, which nondisclosure makes other statements misleading
- Housing Assistance Payment Contract (PDF): Housing Choice Voucher Program Contract (Section 8) - Find your own place and use the voucher to pay for all or part of the rent.
- Lead-Based Paint Information (PDF): Form is provided at the time of the Briefing Session, regarding Lead -based Paint Poisoning.
- Personal Declaration (PDF): Form is provided to family at the time of their annual re-examination, waiting list appointment or prior to leasing up.
- Request for Reasonable Accommodation Form (PDF): Form provided by the Housing Specialists only. Persons with Disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation.
- Request for Voucher Extension Policy (PDF): Voucher holder must following these policies and procedures to request and extension.
- Request for Portability (PDF): Form provided when Participants request to transfer to another Housing Authority.
- Request for Tenancy Approval (PDF): Form is including in the RTA package, this form gives a brief summary of the CoPHD policies and procedures for the Rental Assistance Program.
- Self Certification of Income Status and/Family Composition (PDF): Families on the program (not applicants on the waiting list) reporting changes not at the time of the annual process must complete this form.
- Things You Should Know (PDF): This form is mailed with the annual renewal packet to program participants.
- What You Should Know About EIV Form (PDF):The Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) system is a web-based computer system that contains employment and income information of individuals who participate in HUD rental assistance programs. All Public Housing Agencies (PHAs) are required to use HUD’s EIV system.
- Vacancy Listing (PDF): Form provided to Owners when they have a Vacant Unit they would like to place in the listing provided to Section 8 Participants.